Thursday, January 12, 2012

Vintage Gold Belt from Grandma, spicing up the basic black dress

What does one wear to an afternoon matinee of Wicked? I have only been to a handful of live theater productions, all of which were before 1999 with my family when my wardrobe consisted of Roxy tees and overalls from the Limited 2. When presented with the fashion quandry of choosing an outfit that was both classy and sexy for a daytime matinee I fell back on my little black dress or (LBD as many people affectionately refer to it) I just purchased this basic black quarter sleeve mini for less than the cost of a burrito at Chipotle. I was a little concerned that it would fall into the ranks of the many retired black dresses hanging in the back of my closet waiting to be worn one more time. When I tried the dress on it fit like a glove, almost like a second skin which also presents the issue of appropriate undergarments so as to prevent the dreaded VPLs. The black dress was absolutely sexy as they often are but I was still unsatisfied and threw in a vintage skinny gold belt that was my grandmas' and has her initials thinly etched on a gold square at the front. The gold belt was the perfect addition to the basic black dress as it broke up the otherwise monotone color and afforded a bit of glam. Paired with black leather Guess boots the outfit was complete, but now I am thinking it may be a little too hot for a daytime matinee. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment